- To promote the manufacture and/or assembly and/or distribution of construction and mining equipment in the Republic of South Africa in the best interests of the Construction and Mining Industry and the Republic as a whole.
- To promote and protect the interests of member companies, to assist and encourage co-operative action, and to deal with such matters as may affect the common interests of member companies and the Construction and Mining Industry.
- To promote, support or oppose any proposed legislative or other measures affecting the interests of the Association and its member companies.
- To collect, collate, tabulate and disseminate useful information and to participate in reporting of sales statistics.
- To do such other lawful things as may appear to be in the interests of the Association or its members and which are not inconsistent with the objects or any matter specifically provided for in this constitution.